We observe your instructors and prepare a detailed analysis of their teaching techniques
An HPA Consultant will observe designated instructors teach segments of actual classes over a pre-planned series of days. Instructors will be analyzed in accordance with “best practice” criterion, including:
- Administration and organization
- Icebreaking and motivational activities
- Utilization of accepted principles of adult learning
- Application of appropriate instructional strategies
- Type and frequency of interactions
- Audiovisual and teaching aid usage
- Classroom control and handling disruptive situations
- Lab facilitation (if applicable)
- Subject-matter mastery
- Responding to questions
- Lesson planning and keeping the class “on track”
- Presentation skills
A detailed report of specific observations and recommendations will be prepared by the HPA consultant, followed by a conference to discuss the findings. If necessary or desirable, HPA can customize an instructor development plan that specifically addresses deficiencies and/or areas for improvement.
Call us for a copy of our Instructor Observation Form or for references of organizations we have already helped.
As an alternative to on-site observation, send us a 15-20 minute video of an instructor teaching and we will provide analysis.